Great ideas for Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur gifts:
* An all white centerpiece for the dining table. Traditionally, white linens and china grace the holiday tables and an all-white arrangement would be a wonderful finishing touch.
* A festive entry table arrangement in fall colors, done centerpiece style to incorporate pomegranates or apples as part of the design. These two fruits are an important part of the holidays. (This choice would be better suited for Rosh Hashanah, but not for Yom Kippur which is a much more reserved holiday)
* A fruit basket, including apples and/or pomegranates, or an all-apple basket with honey.
Things to avoid:
* General gourmet gift baskets--it is against Kashrut law to allow meat (as in sausages) and dairy (as in cheese or milk chocolates) to be in the same proximity.
* Non-kosher wines
* Blue and white flowers--these are the colors of Hannukah. (White flowers are fine, as are autumn colored flowers to reflect the season.)
When placing an order for Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur, please advise your CSR that it is for one of the High Holy Days, or if placing online, note this in the Special Instructions area of the order form. For Rosh Hashanah, all items must be delivered by sundown on September 20th. For Yom Kippur, gifts must be delivered between September 22nd to September 29th (excluding Saturday, the Sabbath) and it must arrive before sundown on the 29th.
If you have any questions regarding gifts for Rash Hoshanah or Yom Kippur, contact us at 480-948-1130.