10. Lingerie--wait! Stop right there. Actually, in an online survey, 95% of women questioned said they DID NOT want lingerie. I mean, think about it. If you get too small a size, she's going to think you think she's fat. If you get too large a size, she's going to think you think she's larger than she really is. This is what we call a lose-lose situation. No to the lingerie.
9. Champagne. . . but what if she doesn't imbibe? What if the expensive brand you buy tastes horrible? Then she'll think you're cheap. No to the vino!
8. Fragrance. Oooh, another sketchy gift. Fragrances are so personal that this is a gift fraught with ways to mess it up. What you might like, she could think smells like bug spray. If you buy what your mom wears, or--Heaven forbid--what an ex wore, she's going to be insulted. No to the perfume!
7. Nice dinner out. Why are you even considering this? Do you have any idea how busy restaurants are on V-Day? Nothing can spoil the mood faster than an hour wait to be seated in a noisy, crowded restaurant. No to dinner out!
6. A romantic getaway to Tahiti. Oh, wow, this would be nice! But it would also abscond with at least $6,000 of your hard-earned cash. Yikes! No to tropical paradise.
5. Jewelry. This is sort of like lingerie and perfume combined. So many ways to go wrong, very few ways to get it exactly right. Does she like silver, gold or platinum? Would she like something with her birthstone, or would she think that tacky? Does she have a favorite stone, and if so, what is it? Does she already have a similar piece? And what about diamonds? While they are a girl's best friend, women are pretty particular about the shape, size and cut, you know. Short of raiding her jewelry box for ideas, just say no to the jewelry.
4. Balloons. Hey, now this is fun! A few mylar "I LOVE YOU" balloons with a couple latex in pink or red--this is a great way to show your feelings (and lets everyone in the office know, as well).
3. Plush. How cute! A stuffed teddy bear to hug? What a sweet idea!
2. Chocolates. Wow, another spectacular idea. Who doesn't like candy?
1. Flowers. Holy crow, you're a genius! Flowers, indeed. That's the best idea you've had all week.
And we know just where you can find balloons, cute stuffed animals, chocolates and--of course--flowers! At Cactus Flower Florist. And, just like we have for the past forty-three Valentine's Days, we'll help spread the love. Best of all, we'll make you look like the Einstein of gift giving. Now that's what we call a win-win. Since it falls on a Sunday this year, order for an early delivery to kick off a romantic weekend!